Interested in becoming a Vendor at the Market?
1. Check that you make, bake, grow or provide the service yourself. We are proud to be a community-based organic farmers market for local farmers, crafters, food vendors, and service providers. First priority is given to vendors who produce with a sustainable and organic focus. For farms, this is a requirement. We do not allow wholesale, manufactured or imported goods.
2. Download and read the market Policy Manual, cover to cover. The Policy Manual outlines the specific policies for vendors and provides an overview of the market. It is important that you are familiar with the Policy Manual and meet the requirements for vending before you contact the relevant Review Committee.
3. Submit an Application Form for consideration of a Review Committee. The Review Committees are made up of volunteers who are vendors themselves. Each Review Committee has it’s own model of review. Click on the links at the bottom of this page for specific information on each vending group and to complete the applicable Application Form. Note that the review process can take some time, especially if applying during weeks when the market is operating as our selection committee is made up of busy vendors. Interested vendors should apply with as much advance notice as possible.
4. Once approved, sign the Participant Agreement, and pay the Membership fee. If you have been approved by the selection committee to vend at the market, complete the Membership Registration & Participation Agreement, pay your membership fees, and you are ready to join the market.
5. Join us on market day and sell your products yourself. Once approved, you will be provided additional information about day-of-market procedures and how to be assigned a stall. Regular season stalls are 10’x10′. You can only sell at your stall that which has been reviewed and accepted, and you must sell it yourself, as outlined in the Policy Manual.
- If have not vended with Moss Street Market during the last regular season, you are considered a New Vendor. Please follow the procedures for review as outlined above.
- If you were a vendor during the last regular season and are returning this season please read over the above information – a little refresher never hurts!
- NOTE: If you are introducing new product(s) to your booth this year (or at any time during the year), the new product(s) must first be reviewed! Complete the relevant Application Form to have your new product(s) reviewed.
Membership and Vendor Fees
- All approved vendors must become a member of the Moss Street Market, submit a Membership Registration & Participation Agreement, and pay the annual $30+GST Membership Fee.
Reserved and Drop-In Vendor Spaces
- We offer the option for approved vendors to reserve a stall for the season (at a 20% discount).
- We also retain a number of drop-in stalls ($35+GST for a regular stall, $40+GST for a premium stall). Drop-in stalls are available on a first-come, first-served basis to approved vendors. If you are not reserving your space for the entire market season, you are a drop-in vendor. Drop-in vendor fees are collected each week by market staff, or you may pay and book stalls in advance.
- We also retain a small number of spaces each week for approved Not-For-Profit & Education Groups. Approved NFP & Education Groups need to book their dates in advance.
Click on the link below for specific review procedures and application form for your vendor type: